Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2003/09/07 16:14:42 UTC

[5.0] Planning

Rather than having a vote for 5.0.10, I'd like to release a new 5.0.11
build with the fix for the (nasty) commons-logging classloading issues.
The idea is that using Struts 1.1 with log4j is quite common, and using
that in conjunction with a context config file cut & pasted from the
manager or admin (with the privileged="true" thingie) would produce a
horrible stack trace. So I'd like to have it fixed in a release ASAP :)

So the plan is:
- have a new 5.0.11 beta this week (or a bit later if there are other
issues that need fixing in that build)
- have a "final" beta when the specs are released
- have a stable release shortly after

Comments ?

Remy