Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2006/12/12 22:22:36 UTC

Re: [patch] Get Last X elements from resource collection

--- Kev Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > with first & last, we should also consider
> renaming to
> > "head" & "tail" as suggested by (IIRC) Jan or
> Antoine.
>
> I'd prefer a "head" & "tail" naming style too, it
> matches functional
> list programming style, but your the main dev on
> this stuff it's up
> to you :)
>
> I just saw an opportunity to chip in with something.

ARGH... this is from September 2005, and I meant to
follow up on this but apparently it slipped my mind
while I was changing jobs at that time.  Now we're
ready for 1.7.0 to go out the door... should I do this
quickly before the release, or leave it for post-1.7.0
and go through deprecate-first-in-favor-of-head, etc.?

-Matt

P.S. If we change to "head", hope it doesn't screw up
the book too much, Steve...

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
--- Peter Reilly <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> first and last seem fine to me (:-)

In which case, no name change and <last> would be a
convenience addition post 1.7.0.  I guess that works.

-Matt

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@gmail.com>.