Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/02/13 02:00:00 UTC

Changing installer to obtain RCs

Hi,

I just updated the installer to grab the 4.9.1 RC but it doesn't seem to be working?

In the config file I changed the following:

<file name="SDKInstallerApp" path="https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flex/installer/2.0/rc1/binaries/" file="apache-flex-sdk-installer-2.0.3-bin" />

<file name="ApacheFlexSDK" path="repos/dist/dev/flex/4.9.1/rc1/binaries/" file="apache-flex-sdk-4.9.1-bin" />

What did I miss?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Changing installer to obtain RCs

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 7:59 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > The installer is not configured to look at RCs of the flex sdk.
> So currently it can't be tested with RC? We have to make a SDK release,
> publish it and then make an installer SDK RC?

You need to test the sdk independently, push out a release and update the
path in the installer config.

Or, you can modify the installer code to make it smarter and consider an
absolute url as such instead of just expecting a relative path.

And no, you dont need to make an Installer RC.  When the flex sdk RC has
been promoted to a release, just change the path in the installer config.

> Also when testing how do you stop the installer form getting the published
> XML config file but get the RC one instead?

When you are testing, you need to side load the installer config by running
the installer in command line mode as described here [1]

============================

- From the 2.0 version, by default, Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0
downloads Adobe Flash Player 11.1
	and Adobe AIR SDK 3.4.  If you want to change it to any other
supported combination, you save
	a copy of the config file found at:
http://flex.apache.org/sdk-installer-config-2.0.xml,
	modify the download urls to point to the required versions.  Then run
the app from command line
	mode with the optional command line parameter: -config=<path to config file>

============================

Thanks,
Om

[1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flex/installer/2.0/README

Re: Changing installer to obtain RCs

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
You missed /sdk in the flex sdk path.  But that would still cause the
installer to look under dist release, not dist dev.

The installer is not configured to look at RCs of the flex sdk.  It always
expects a relative path and looks at the mirror url to fetch the sdk.  You
might want to modify the installer code to make it work with absolute urls.
 The installer location does look at the absolute url if the path has a
"http" at the beginning.  You can use the same logic for the sdk location
as well.

Thanks,
Om