Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by noosy <va...@dsto.defence.gov.au> on 2009/12/14 02:18:48 UTC

wsdl2js - working with soap attachments in js

This is more of a general js question but I am currently using wsdl2js and I
am able to request binary soap attachments (image/video files etc) from my
web service but I am not sure of the most elegant way to work with the
binary data and MIME content type in js once it has been returned.

What I would like to do is be able to either open the file to present it to
the user or alternatively allow the user to save the binary data to a file
(a firefox solution). If anyone has any thoughts on how best to do this I
would like to hear them. The options I have come up with are not attractive.
For example, I am aware that you can embed base64 in a link and allow the
user to save it off, but there is a limit to the size of the binary string
you can put in there and I need to support very large files.