Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sean Kroah <se...@wirex.com> on 2000/12/08 21:40:49 UTC

3.2 NullPointer tossed from HttpSessionFacade

We are migrating our tomcat 3.1 compatible serverlet to the 3.2Final release. Occassionally we see a NullPointerException get tossed

from HttpSessionFacade whenever we try to access something from the Session, say get or set an attribute. This only happens on very long transactions,

where we refresh the servlet to post a "still waiting message". If I remove the servlet refresh the problem seems to go away. It's possible there is a race condition and one of objects we are storing in the session is locked, but does anyone have a clue why it might behave

differently in 3.1 and 3.2. The only thing I see different is the addition of the Facade classes and frankly I can't see how this would cause any problems.

Thanks,

SKroah

--
Sean Kroah                                T:503.222.9660
                                          F:503.241.5682