Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by Anatole Tresch <an...@apache.org> on 2014/11/29 11:31:13 UTC

Java 8

Dear all

I miserably failed to send you feedback on the Java 8 topic due to the f...
spam checks:

   - in html
   - linked to Google Docs
   - as PDF
   - as link to the blog

I now published a blog on it at:
javaeeconfig.blogspot.com/2014/11/configapi-java-7-vs-java-8.html

Hope you can read it ;)

Cheers,
Anatole

PS: Can please anybody change this spam levels here for the dev list - I do
not want to happen such a mess once more!

Re: Java 8

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
we could change that over time and start e.g. with anatole.

regards,
gerhard

Re: Java 8

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
+1 Who drives it?

Re: Java 8

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.
@Gerhard
fair enough. My opinion on the topic is now well known ;)

This will change with EE8. It is different, SE 8 is a real major release of
the platform similar to SE 4 to 5 which has impact on how you build things.
CDI 2.0 will be based on Java 8 features for sure as well alss the other EE
8 JSRs ;)

Best
Anatole

Re: Java 8

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
@anatole:

Re: Java 8

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Java 8

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.
Yes. Hopefully we can now focus on the use cases...

Re: Java 8

Posted by Anatole Tresch <an...@apache.org>.
Yep, I am already working on it...

Re: Java 8