Posted to bluesky-dev@incubator.apache.org by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org> on 2008/02/01 17:25:56 UTC

大家好

I just wanted to say 'hello' to all the Bluesky developer and
introduce myself as I promised to help mentor this project.

My Chinese is only so-so these days, but I used to be pretty fluent
and I hope that my Mandarin can help bridge any language gaps here at
Apache.  Plus I'm living in Hong Kong these days, so if you're ever in
southern China, let me know.

Speaking of which, there's going to be a large open source conference
in Guangzhou in March:

  http://www.aoss2008.cn/cn/index.htm

I'll actually be helping to run the CodeFest at this event.  It would
be really great to meet some other Bluesky developers if you could
make it to Guangzhou then.

--
  J Aaron Farr     jadetower.com        [US] +1 724-964-4515
    馮傑仁          cubiclemuses.com     [HK] +852 8123-7905

Re: 大家好

Posted by Ting Peng <t....@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 5:48 PM, J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org> wrote:

> "f zhang" <zf...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > It's a great pity that the BlueSky developers can't attend this
> conference.
> > We will look for another opportunity to introduce our BlueSky team.
>
> That's okay.
>
> There will be another open source event in Guangzhou in May.  I'll try
> to get the details on that soon.

> In the mean time, I'll be at the conference this weekend.  We'll have
> around 50 university students attending with mentors to help them
> understand how open source works.  My thought was to give some of the
> students small bugs to fix or feature enhancements to write.  Is there
> anything in BlueSky that these students could perhaps work on?
>
> --
>   J Aaron Farr     jadetower.com        [US] +1 724-964-4515
>    馮傑仁         cubiclemuses.com     [HK] +852 8123-7905

BlueSky is based on some GPLed parts initially.  These parts are separated
from BlueSky to satisfy ASF's requirements. But some compiling bugs are
introduced.
Now we are working on these problems. Perhaps, the students can help us to
fix these problems.

--
      Best regards!

Ting Peng (t.peng.dev@gmail.com)
[CN] +86-137-721-59621
XJTU-IBM Open Tech. R&D Center

Re: 大家好

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.

Re: 大家好

Posted by f zhang <zf...@gmail.com>.

Re: 大家好

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.

Re: 大家好

Posted by Ting Peng <t....@gmail.com>.
I feel happy to hear that you will help us. This is our first participation
in
apache. Your help makes us much easier to make things run.

It's nice to hear that you will be in Guangzhou during AOSS 2008. Perhaps,
we
will send some BlueSky developers to attend the conference. If it is
scheduled,
I will let you know.

Wish you have a nice Chinese Spring Festival.

Re: 大家好

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.
Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com> writes:

> Aaron,
> You know if the conference will have any english content?  Judging
> from the home page, I'd guess the answer is no but thought I'd
> ask... I have an unused airline ticket from the rescheduled OS Summit
> Asia...

Not sure.  There is an English version of the site and supposedly this
is to be an international conference, so I would guess there would be
some English or at least translation services.

AS for OSSummit, there's still talks of doing something later this
year...

Re: 大家好

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
J Aaron Farr wrote:
> I just wanted to say 'hello' to all the Bluesky developer and
> introduce myself as I promised to help mentor this project.
>
> My Chinese is only so-so these days, but I used to be pretty fluent
> and I hope that my Mandarin can help bridge any language gaps here at
> Apache.  Plus I'm living in Hong Kong these days, so if you're ever in
> southern China, let me know.
>
> Speaking of which, there's going to be a large open source conference
> in Guangzhou in March:
>
>   http://www.aoss2008.cn/cn/index.htm
>
> I'll actually be helping to run the CodeFest at this event.  It would
> be really great to meet some other Bluesky developers if you could
> make it to Guangzhou then.

Aaron,
You know if the conference will have any english content?  Judging from
the home page, I'd guess the answer is no but thought I'd ask... I have
an unused airline ticket from the rescheduled OS Summit Asia...

Bill