Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Lawrence Blanchette <la...@suitesoftware.com> on 2008/06/03 03:01:28 UTC

Extending BeanEditor, add model accessor

I'd like to extend BeanEditor to enhance some rendering behavior.
Unfortunately the _model property is not exposed and that has the info I
need.  Specifically I need # of properties in the model.  BeanDisplay does
have access to this via getPropertyModel().  Can we get a similar accessor
on BeanEditor (symmetry)?

I'm writing a Bean editor with layout feature. Specify # of columns and you
get a balanced <table> of properties for edit/display.  I've been able to
achieve this entirely thru extension of core Bean components except for this
one spot.

Thanks

Re: Extending BeanEditor, add model accessor

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Add an issue to JIRA.

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 6:01 PM, Lawrence Blanchette
<la...@suitesoftware.com> wrote:

> I'd like to extend BeanEditor to enhance some rendering behavior.
> Unfortunately the _model property is not exposed and that has the info I
> need.  Specifically I need # of properties in the model.  BeanDisplay does
> have access to this via getPropertyModel().  Can we get a similar accessor
> on BeanEditor (symmetry)?
>
> I'm writing a Bean editor with layout feature. Specify # of columns and you
> get a balanced <table> of properties for edit/display.  I've been able to
> achieve this entirely thru extension of core Bean components except for this
> one spot.
>
> Thanks

Howard M. Lewis Ship