Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by dh...@tcs.com on 2014/12/01 07:36:37 UTC

HBase - Zookeeper Error.

Hi,

I am using Hadoop 2.5.1 and HBase 0.98.8.

I an getting the following error when I give some command in hbase shell,
I am using internal zookeeper.

2014-12-01 20:02:19,282 ERROR [main]
client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: The node /hbase is
not in ZooKeeper. It should have been written by the master. Check the
value configured in 'zookeeper.znode.parent'. There could be a mismatch
with the one configured in the master.

Find my hbase-site.xml below.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--
/**
 *
 * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
 * or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
 * distributed with this work for additional information
 * regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
 * to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
 * "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
 * with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
 *
 *     http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 * WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
implied.
 * limitations under the License.
 */
-->
<configuration>
        <property>
                <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
                <value>hdfs://172.20.189.44:8020/hbase</value>
        </property>
        <property>
                <name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
                <value>true</value>
        </property>
        <property>
                <name>dfs.replication</name>
                <value>1</value>
        </property>
        <property>
        <name>hbase.tmp.dir</name>
               <value>/home/hbase/hbase-data</value>
        </property>
        <property>
                <name>hbase.regionserver.info.bindAddress</name>
                <value>0.0.0.0</value>
        </property>
        <property>
                <name>hbase.regionserver.dns.nameserver</name>
                <value>172.20.189.44</value>
        </property>
        <property>
                <name>hbase.coprocessor.region.classes</name>

<value>org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.AggregateImplementation</value>
        </property>
        <property>
    <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.dataDir</name>
    <value>/home/hbase/zookeeper</value>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort</name>
    <value>2181</value>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
    <value>172.20.189.44</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>zookeeper.znode.parent</name>
    <value>/hbase-unsecure</value>
  </property>
</configuration>

Appricating any help.

Thanks & Regards
Dhamodharan Ramalingam
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: HBase - Zookeeper Error.

Posted by Bharath Vissapragada <bh...@cloudera.com>.
Did you propagate the following config to all regionservers and clients?

--
Bharath Vissapragada
<http://www.cloudera.com>