Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joseph Estes <jo...@interfacemgmt.net> on 2007/10/31 02:04:59 UTC

running an application outside of eclipse

Hi all,I would like tomcat to run a web application outside of the webapps
directory.  I have accomplished this before (in windows) by using a
reference xml file in the /conf/catalina/localhost folder.  i'm now using a
mac and this file no longer works. It looks like:

<Context docBase="/Applications/eclipse32/workspace/dcp1"
               reloadable="true" path="dcp1">
</Context>

is there another way to run an application outside of tomcat?

Thanks,
Joe Estes

RE: running an application outside of eclipse

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
> Subject: Re: running an application outside of eclipse
>
> Joseph Estes wrote:
> >  i'm now using a mac and this file no
> > longer works. It looks like:
> > <Context docBase="/Applications/eclipse32/workspace/dcp1"
> >                reloadable="true" path="dcp1">
> > </Context>
>
> This looks fine.

Except for the path attribute, which should not be used on Tomcat 5.0 or
later.  The URI path is derived from the name of the .xml file.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: running an application outside of eclipse

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Joseph Estes wrote:
> Hi all,I would like tomcat to run a web application outside of the webapps
> directory.  I have accomplished this before (in windows) by using a
> reference xml file in the /conf/catalina/localhost folder.

Check you use of case. It is usually:
${CATALINA_HOME}/conf/Catalina/localhost

>  i'm now using a
> mac and this file no longer works. It looks like:
>
> <Context docBase="/Applications/eclipse32/workspace/dcp1"
>                reloadable="true" path="dcp1">
> </Context>

This looks fine.

Mark