Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Scott Lusebrink <sc...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/09 23:17:13 UTC

client certificate authentication

I'm trying to allow CAC (Common Access Card) to present a X.509 client
certificate to login to jetspeed.  The user authentication in jetspeed seems
very configurable but seems to be centered around user name/password being
passed around.  Is there a way to override the DefaultLoginModule.  I found
a reference in login.conf in the source but doesn't seem like I can change
it out for another implementation like CredentialHandler for example.
If anyone can point me to an example where something like this was done or
just how to change defaultLoginModule it would help.

Scott

client certificate authentication