Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com> on 2007/02/28 20:39:45 UTC

Bringing DataVision into Apache

Hi everyone... allow me to introduce myself... my name is Frank Zammetti.
I am the current project lead for DataVision, which I know OfBiz uses :)

The reason I'm writing here is that I am currently starting to work on
bringing DataVision into Apache, and it was suggested by a current Apache
member, and I absolutely agreed, that posting to this list might be a good
way to find like-minded individuals who might be interested in helping
with this endeavor.

All that's been done at this point is writing of a proposal and RFC'ing it
to the DataVision user list.  This was only yesterday, so clearly it's
early :)

I can post the proposal here if anyone would like me to, but I've
refrained from doing so this first message in case there's no interest.  I
think with OfBiz using DataVision, it certainly is a reasonable thing to
bring up here.

In general, I think bringing DataVision into Apache would have a lot of
benefits all around, and hopefully I'm not alone in that thinking.  I know
that Jim Menard, the originator of DataVision, whole-heartedly supports it
as well.

So, feel free to make whatever comments you'd like, ask whatever questions
you'd like, and of course pitch in if you have the itch!

Thanks all and take care,
Frank

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect

Re: Bringing DataVision into Apache

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
FYI, Jim had no objection, so as of tonight (well, let's say this
weekend just to be safe!) DataVision will be under ASL 2.0.

Frank

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
Hi Jacques,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.