Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com> on 2002/11/21 23:03:52 UTC

default page width

Hello!

I'm about to fix bug #10158 and I wonder, why in FOP default page width
is 8in although spec recommends 8.26in[1]. Well, actually in absence of
User Agent page width is implementation-defined, so we can leave 8in
happily (actually XEP also uses 8x11in defaults, but Antenna - 8,26x11).
Opinions?

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#page-width
--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team

Re: default page width

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
Christian Geisert wrote:

>> So, if nobody complains I'll make it 8,26 x 11 in by default.
>

> I'd only change the trunk and leave maintenance branch as it is
> (nobody has complained yet and it *might* cause problems with
> existing stlyesheets)
Point taken, I agree.

Re: default page width

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Oleg Tkachenko wrote:
> W. Eliot Kimber wrote:

[..]

>> 8.26--that gives you the A4 width and US length, that is, the
>> universal page size that will give acceptable results on either US or
>> A4 paper.
>
> So, if nobody complains I'll make it 8,26 x 11 in by default.

I'd only change the trunk and leave maintenance branch as it is
(nobody has complained yet and it *might* cause problems with
existing stlyesheets)

Christian

Re: default page width

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.

Re: default page width

Posted by "W. Eliot Kimber" <el...@isogen.com>.
Oleg Tkachenko wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm about to fix bug #10158 and I wonder, why in FOP default page width
> is 8in although spec recommends 8.26in[1]. Well, actually in absence of
> User Agent page width is implementation-defined, so we can leave 8in
> happily (actually XEP also uses 8x11in defaults, but Antenna - 8,26x11).
> Opinions?

8.26--that gives you the A4 width and US length, that is, the universal
page size that will give acceptable results on either US or A4 paper.

Cheers,

E.
--
W. Eliot Kimber, eliot@isogen.com