Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Eyeris Rodriguez Rueda <er...@uci.cu> on 2017/11/15 13:57:45 UTC

Re: [MASSMAIL]RE: Removing header,Footer and left menus while crawling

Hello.

I am using tika boilerpipe with good results in aproximately 2000 websites.
Rushikesh if tika boilerpipe is not working for you maybe it is because you don´t are parsing documents with tika. please check this configuration
and tell us.

make sure that tika plugin is activated in plugin.included property then check:

Use tika parser instead of parse-html.

parse-plugins.xml

<mimeType name="text/html">
                <plugin id="parse-tika" />
        </mimeType>

        <mimeType name="application/xhtml+xml">
                <plugin id="parse-tika" />
        </mimeType>

nutch-site.xml
<property>
  <name>tika.extractor</name>
  <value>boilerpipe</value>
  <description>
  Which text extraction algorithm to use. Valid values are: boilerpipe or none.
  </description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>tika.extractor.boilerpipe.algorithm</name>
  <value>ArticleExtractor</value>
  <description>
  Which Boilerpipe algorithm to use. Valid values are: DefaultExtractor, ArticleExtractor
  or CanolaExtractor.
  </description>
</property>

Posted by Rushikesh K <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
Eyeris - Thanks for your response, i was able to make working with tika
boilerpipe but now i have a different problem ,some of the crawled pages
doesn't have the expected data
For some pages it brings back only the *Title *and skips all the content i
am not sure in what special cases does this do.But in my case i have two
problems now
1. when my page has a image and 1 or 2 lines of text it doesn't get those
lines of data.(the data is in the <p> tag)
2.why is it adding *Title* to the starting of the *content* is there a way
not to include that.

For example see the following image for the first URL it came back with out
any date

[image: Inline image 1]

--
Regards
Rushikesh M

RE: [MASSMAIL]RE: Removing header,Footer and left menus while crawling

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
You could do that, but you would need to fiddle around in TikaParser.java. Using TeeContentHandler you can add both the normal ContentHandler, and the Boilerpipe version.

Posted by Michael Coffey <mc...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.