Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by du...@yahoo.com on 2005/02/15 13:54:19 UTC

printing line number

I search the archives at Marc's site :
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=log4j-user&w=2&r=1&s=exception+line&q=b

I was wandering what the current situation is :
                How does Log4j manages to find the line number
                from which the statements or the Exception was raised?

In the earliest implementations, the line number was worked out by throwing exceptions... hence
very unefficient and not advised for production environment.
However there seems to have been a patch to analyse the trace more efficiently ... :
                 http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=log4j-user&m=110385599501418&w=2   ? ? ?

Has the original implementation been changed / improved via this patch... ?
As a matter of fact our customer is running the jdk1.4 but still wants to use the log4j-library...
Is there a difference with the Sun's logging API's ?

Tia,

\T,

=====
Anyone can write software a computer understands;
let's write software that people understand.
                                                   K. Beck
T. : +32 (0)2 742 05 94
M. : +32 (0)497 44 68 12