Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeremy Nix <Je...@sfsltd.com> on 2003/09/25 16:49:13 UTC

Choosing an appropriate JK2 Handler

I'm running a configuration with Apache and Tomcat on the same machine.
Which handler(s) would I see the biggest performance improvement by
using them?  I figured it would be the JNI option, but I wanted to get
some input.

_________________
Jeremy Nix
Senior Application Developer
Southwest Financial Ltd.
Jeremy.Nix@sfsltd.com
(513) 621-6699 ext 1158

Re: Choosing an appropriate JK2 Handler

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
JNI is reported to be very good (I haven't tried it myself).  However, I'd
avoid it if you are using the pre-fork MPM (which includes all Apache 1.3.x
versions on *nix system).  If you are using a *nix box, then the unix-socket
may help a bit, but I'd guess that the improvement over the plain-vanilla
socket is probably pretty small in most usage cases.