Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Leon Rosenberg <st...@anotheria.net> on 2005/07/05 21:42:09 UTC

Re: [OT] Struts vs .NET???

Another superb features of an ide (at least eclipse has it):

- Search: who's calling this method / constructor.
- Organize imports, so you always see what this class is _really_ using
(since i got eclipse i never import bla.bla.* anymore)
- Quickjump to method definition and jumping through a possible call tree.
- Finding hidden bugs like unnecessary else statement, obsolete casts or
unused variables, things your compiler will not tell you
about, but what probably could point to a bug. Right now I have to perform
code review for 7 developers, and it saves me 50% of the time.
- Builtin CVS support.

Since eclipse (Jbuilder 3,4 and 5 were ok, but not that good) teams I'm
working with can actually produce better code on lower cost.

Regards
Leon

P.S. I don't like tomcat integration into an ide, or lomboz, but some people
can find it useful too.