Posted to doc@openoffice.apache.org by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net> on 2022/08/20 21:38:50 UTC

Seeking Opinions on Renaming the OOO3 ODF Files

I am thinking that it might be a good idea to rename the OOo3 ODF files.
The are all in a format nnnAAvv-ChapterName, IE 0201WG33-IntroducingWriter.

As we started off with AOO41GSn for the chapters, I was thinking
following on with that naming sceme for the rest of the quides.

Please let me know if you agree with this or not.

Regards
Keith

Re: Seeking Opinions on Renaming the OOO3 ODF Files

Posted by F Campos Costero <fj...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Aug 21, 2022 at 12:10 PM Keith N. McKenna <ke...@comcast.net>
wrote:

> Jean Weber wrote:
> > I agree. Much easier to follow.
> >
> > BTW, the OOo3 naming convention was for a purpose that is no longer
> > relevant: something intended to be automated but never implemented  JHW
> >
> > On Sun, 21 Aug 2022 at 07:40 Keith N. McKenna <keith.mckenna@comcast.net
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> Thanks Jean always wondered what that naming convention was for.
>
> Regards
> Keith
>
> >> I am thinking that it might be a good idea to rename the OOo3 ODF files.
> >> The are all in a format nnnAAvv-ChapterName, IE
> 0201WG33-IntroducingWriter.
> >>
> >> As we started off with AOO41GSn for the chapters, I was thinking
> >> following on with that naming sceme for the rest of the quides.
> >>
> >> Please let me know if you agree with this or not.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Keith
> >>

> The proposed new naming scheme is certainly better than the old one.

Regards,
Francis

Re: Seeking Opinions on Renaming the OOO3 ODF Files

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Jean Weber <je...@gmail.com>.