Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Heather Buch <hb...@www.thebuchs.dk> on 2003/04/03 11:52:42 UTC

Re: log written in catalina.out and log file

This was a really annoying problem. Here is what worked for me:

---------------------------------------
#I appended my RollingFileLogger directly to the root logger. I'm
#not sure if setting the root logger to DEBUG has any effect, but
#it seemed like the right thing to do

log4j.rootLogger=FATAL, oecon

# be sure to set your RFLoggers additivity to false, but everything in
# your package and below to whatever logging strength you want.

log4j.additivity.oecon=false
log4j.logger.mydomain.mypackage=INFO

log4j.appender.oecon=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.oecon.File=/usr/local/development/oecon_0.9/oecon.log

log4j.appender.oecon.MaxFileSize=2MB
log4j.appender.oecon.MaxBackupIndex=1

log4j.appender.oecon.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout

log4j.appender.oecon.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %d{HH:mm:ss} %c - %m%n

--------------------------------------
Best regards,

Heather Buch

At 18:01 06.02.2003 -0500, Senthil_M_Kumar@putnam.com wrote:

Hi,

I am using Log4j and tomcat web server. The log messages gets logged into
both
my log file and also catalina.out.
I dont want log to be written in catalina.out.
The log4j properties file is given below..

I appreciate for your time and help,
Senthil.

log4j.logger.com.putnam.dataAccess.util=debug,R
log4j.logger.com.putnam.dataAccess.fame=debug,R
log4j.logger.com.putnam.dataAccess.server=debug,R
log4j.logger.com.putnam.dataAccess.catalog=debug,R
log4j.logger.com.putnam.dataAccess.fact=debug,R
log4j.logger.com.putnam.dataAccess.aggregation=debug,R

log4j.appender.R.File=/fameprod/fame2/phs_db/fameprod/usr/local/DAT2/logs/dataAccess.log

log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=5MB
# Keep 10 backup file
log4j.appender.R.MaxBackupIndex=10

log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %5p (%F:%L) - %m%n

Ceki