Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Jary Du <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/13 20:59:14 UTC

Use delegation token(from oozie in a java action) through hive JDBC to talk to hive server 2

Hi,

Currently I am having an issue really need some help from hive community.
We are trying kerberize our hadoop cluster including hive server2 and oozie. My oozie job spins off a java action in data node which tries to connect to kerberized hive server 2.
There is no user’s kerberos keytab for authentication. So I can only use delegation token passed by oozie in the java action to connect to hive server 2.

My question is: is there any way that I can use delegation token in a oozie java action to connect to hive server 2? If so, how can I do it through hive JDBC?

Thanks
Jary

Re: Use delegation token(from oozie in a java action) through hive JDBC to talk to hive server 2

Posted by Prasad Mujumdar <pr...@apache.org>.
Hi Jary,

   Hive JDBC does support delegation token based client connection for
Oozie. Please refer to client connection details [1] on the wiki.
The Hive side changes were added in Hive 0.13 and the Oozie side support
for Hive2 action was added in Oozie 4.2. You might want to refer to Oozie
docs for Hive2 action setup.

thanks
Prasad

[1] -