Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Yu Watanabe <yu...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/08 13:23:27 UTC

How to buffer events using spark portable runner ?

Hello .

I would like to ask question related to timely processing as stated in
below page.

https://beam.apache.org/blog/2017/08/28/timely-processing.html

Python version: 3.7.4
apache beam version: 2.15.0

I currently use timely processing to first buffer events and send *bulk
requests *to elasticsearch. The source of data is bounded source and I use
DirectRunner for runner.

To have more memory resource , I am considering to move to process the
pipeline on apache spark using portable runner. However, according to
compatibility matrix,
*Timers *is not supported on apache spark.

https://beam.apache.org/documentation/runners/capability-matrix/#cap-summary-when

Is there anyway in portable runner that you can do similar processing
as *timely
processing* ?
This is my first time using portable runner and I appreciate if I can get
help with this.

Best Regards,
Yu Watanabe

--
Yu Watanabe
Weekend Freelancer who loves to challenge building data platform

Re: How to buffer events using spark portable runner ?

Posted by Yu Watanabe <yu...@gmail.com>.
Lukasaz

Thank you for the reply.

I will try apache flink.