Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Andrew Wetmore <an...@apache.org> on 2020/10/27 17:27:37 UTC

Broken link

Hi:

On this page [1] there is a link that purports to go to "Infra reference
pages". Since that section no longer exists on the Infra wiki, the link is
broken. If you wanted to provide a general link to the services Infra
provides, this URL [2] might serve.

Andrew

[1] https://whimsy.apache.org/committers/tools

[2] https://infra.apache.org/services.html

--
Andrew Wetmore
Technical Writer-Editor

Re: Broken link

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 1:27 PM Andrew Wetmore <an...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> On this page [1] there is a link that purports to go to "Infra reference
> pages". Since that section no longer exists on the Infra wiki, the link is
> broken. If you wanted to provide a general link to the services Infra
> provides, this URL [2] might serve.
>
> Andrew
>
> [1] https://whimsy.apache.org/committers/tools
>
> [2] https://infra.apache.org/services.html

Fixed, thanks!

https://github.com/apache/whimsy/commit/e32b543fd5807325c6bea635b4b88d036ca2ae1c

- Sam Ruby

Re: Broken link

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 29 Oct 2020 at 13:02, Andrew Wetmore <an...@apache.org> wrote:

> Unlikely, as Infra does not have editing access to Whimsy pages.

Sorry, I was not clear.

Whimsy originally used https://reference.apache.org/.
That stopped working when Infra moved off that host.

Eventually Infra added redirects (see INFRA-19185), but in the
meantime Whimsy was updated to use the new page, i.e.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Reference

Recently that also stopped working, presumably because of further
changes to the INFRA wiki.

Whimsy should not have to keep changing its links.

Re: Broken link

Posted by Andrew Wetmore <an...@apache.org>.

Re: Broken link

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Broken link

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Broken link

Posted by Andrew Wetmore <an...@apache.org>.
Hi, Sebb. The target page no longer exists and there is no replacement. If

Re: Broken link

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.