Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Rafal Rusin <ra...@intalio.com> on 2010/06/10 16:01:00 UTC

Changing roadmap for JPA refactoring

Hello,

is this possible (and how much effort it is) to make JPA (hibernate powered
version) work on the same schema as dao-hib does?
This way we could migrate all current hibernate users to JPA in future and
finally drop hib-dao. I believe there are not much current OpenJPA users, so
we can modify this schema. On the other hand, there's a lot of dao-hib
users,
so we really want to migrate them (because of later drop for dao-hib).

What do you think?

Rafał Rusin
http://rrusin.blogspot.com

Re: Changing roadmap for JPA refactoring

Posted by Rafal Rusin <ra...@intalio.com>.
OK, guys. I'm with you for JPA 1.0 and 2.0 support (+1).
+1 also for small migration SQL scripts from dao-hib. Something to include
here in future:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ODExSITE/Upgrading+ODE

Posted by Milinda Pathirage <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff Yu <je...@gmail.com>.
I think we shouldn't expect to use the schema as same as dao-hib at this
stage, as I believe there would still some minor changes in the JPA Dao. And
I think it should be acceptable to have little update on the schema change
as long as we specify them out and provide some simple migration utility.

With regard to the JPA 2.0, I am thinking about that whether we can make ODE
run against both JPA 1.0 and JPA 2.0 container. I believe we have many users
running against JPA 1.0 container, if we upgrade it to JPA 2.0, they have to

--
Cheers,
Jeff Yu

blog: http://jeff.familyyu.net

Re: Changing roadmap for JPA refactoring

Posted by Rafal Rusin <ra...@intalio.com>.
Great.
OK, we can plan upgrade to JPA 2.0 and synchronizing schemas as soon as
current work is committed into trunk.