Posted to wiki-changes@httpd.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/09/11 05:37:06 UTC

[Httpd Wiki] Update of "WindowsVistaPlatform" by thetechno

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by thetechno:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/WindowsVistaPlatform

The comment on the change is:
edited to reflect how I got Apache working under Vista x64

  command to run that command line as an administrative user, or set the "Run as administrator"
  flag on the Compatibility tab of the Properties of httpd.exe.

+ === Vista x64 Install Notes ===
+
+ Used win32 httpd v2.2.4 and Windows Vista x64
+
+ To get it running on Vista x64 I switched off User Account Control, rebooted, then installed apache to c:\users\%username%\programs\apache  (that means I just installed it into my homedir)
+ I plan on just using apache for local testing before uploading to a dedicated webserver, options at install where to not run as a service, but to listen on port 8080 when run manually
+
+ Installing to the default location of C:\Program Files (x86)\ resulted in the httpd.conf file not being created, as well as other errors such as apache ignoring the -f option to specify where the httpd.conf should be
+
+ Vista x64 has certain security requirements for programs installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\ and doesnt like programs to read/write there. Also there is less compatibility for programs not fully Vista compliant.
+