Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Benjamin Nortier <bj...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/28 12:26:26 UTC

Re: Continuous replication and Checkpoints

Hi

Regarding continuous replication and checkpoints:

I'm working on a system that has a large amount of continuous replications
set up (50 at present, but potentially a lot more), where each user has
their own DB and their documents are replicated into a queue using
continuous replication.

The replications are local-local at the moment.

What is the interaction with checkpoint and listening to changes?
couch_replicator.erl updates the checkpoint every 5 secs. But I don't
understand why this is necessary as I thought the replicator is listening
to 'live' updates from the changes feed. I.e. it should essentially be idle
and only do nothing unless changes are pushed (instead of some kind of
polling every 5 secs)

Thanks!
Ben

--