Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu> on 2004/09/01 10:39:56 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Custom authorization of static content

Shailesh Bodas wrote:
> I was reading your post about protecting static pages which is exactly
> what I'm trying to do as well! The idea of including a PHP file that
> checks authorization is very promising and something I had not thought
> of. Did you find out if this might work in PHP5 the way Jeroen claims.

[Please keep it on the list.]

No, I haven't yet been able to. I have to test it at home (for time and
logistic reasons), but my internet connection has been dead.

I sure hope it will work, as Jeroen says it does, although I cannot
understand why it would work. I also wonder if it works correctly with
Content-type, Last-modified, MultiViews, etc.

There must be other ways as well. Perhaps one can do tricks with external
RewriteMaps, or some database auth module.

Regards,
Robert Andersson