Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jens Reufsteck <je...@hobsons.de> on 2005/04/05 08:40:57 UTC

cocoon-protocol in document-function

Hi,

I've got problems with the cocoon-protocol used
inside the document-function, e.g.:

<xsl:variable
   name="show-cover"
   select="document('cocoon:/config')/config/cover/@show"
/>

The intention is to fetch a dynamically produced
configuration-parameter generated by the
following pipeline:

     <map:pipeline>
       <map:match pattern="config">
	<map:generate src="config/cv_config_default.xml"/>
	<map:transform src="stylesheets/config.xsl">
	</map:transform>
	<map:serialize/>
       </map:match>
     </map:pipeline>

The strange thing is, that the construction works
on one implementation (cocoon 2.1.3 on tomcat
4.1) and doesn't work on a parallel testserver
(cocoon 2.1.7 on tomcat 5.0.27). The url is - as
shown above - relative, and there are no changes
to the sitemap, affected files etc. nor to the
directory structure around the affected sitemap.

The above config-pipeline itself works, but when
invoked from inside the document-function doesn't
produce any results - or maybe isn't found at all.

Has anyone an idea what causes the problem?

Thank you

Jens Reufsteck
--
Hobsons GmbH
Wildunger Straße 6

Tel: +49 (69) 255 37-140
Fax: +49 (69) 255 37-159

http://www.hobsons.de
http://www.hobsons.ch

Re: cocoon-protocol in document-function

Posted by Jens Reufsteck <je...@hobsons.de>.
Hi Geert,

>I can at least advice looking in the logfile of
>Tomcat for messages. It could be as 'simple' as
>an OutOfMemory problem... :-P

Sorry, haven't looked close enough into core.log
- the requested pipeline was serialized as html
instead of xml. The document-function seems to be
quite sensitive about that and wasn't able to
load the resulting 'document'.

Jens

Posted by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl>.
Hi there,

Have seen similar messages before, but haven't experienced the problem myself. Tried searching the
list archive?

I can at least advice looking in the logfile of Tomcat for messages. It could be as 'simple' as an
OutOfMemory problem... :-P

HTH,
Geert

--
Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Zoetermeer (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)79-3316961
fax:+31-(0)79-3316464

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50