Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Amy Roh <am...@apache.org> on 2005/09/27 22:52:11 UTC

zip into a top directory

Hi,

Is there a way to specify a top directory when using ant zip task?

For example, if install.home included bin/lib, the following
dest.zipfile will include bin/lib as top level directories.  I'd like to
put them into a top parent directory so it's convenient for users
unzipping the file.

    <zip destfile="${dest.zipfile}"
       basedir="${install.home}/.."
    />

I could always move what's in install.home into a temporary top
directory to zip it but was wondering if ant zip has an top parent
directory option I'm not aware of.

Thanks,
Amy

Re: zip into a top directory

Posted by Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>.
maybe with zipfileset? or you could just tell your users to "unzip -d"

--
Jeffrey E. Care (carej@us.ibm.com)
WebSphere v7 Release Engineer

Amy Roh <am...@apache.org>