Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by michael portmann <mi...@gmx.ch> on 2003/07/15 17:18:37 UTC

[users@httpd] really desperate of SSLRequire

Hi...
I am really desperate. Since 3 days I try to automate a SSLRequire
configuration. The really curious thing is that when I type my configuration
in an editor (vi), the configuration works fine. If I write the same
configuration from my java application into the configuration file, apache
says there is a SSLRequire syntax error. But my configuration looks twice
the same way!!

<Directory "/etc">
     SSLRequire (  %{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_CN} eq "Peter"  \
               and %{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_OU} eq "Test"  \
               and %{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_O} eq "XXX" )  \
               or (%{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_CN} eq "Carol")
               and %{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_OU} eq "Test"  \
               and %{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_O} eq "YYY")
</Directory>

Does anybody had same problems? Any help would be very appreciated.

Eudgster

Re: [users@httpd] really desperate of SSLRequire

Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.
Make sure you do not have any extra\less spaces between the directives
lines.
Also make sure that your Java editor does not add additional lines at the
buttom of the file, that may results in errors in unusual cases.

Jeff Cohen

Posted by michael portmann <mi...@gmx.ch>.
thx, i could solve it,
the problem with the parentheses was just a "copy error" from the httpd.conf
file.

the problem was that I made after the backslash a blank. thx to ultaedit,
now it works

Posted by "Brian J. Tarricone" <bj...@ece.cornell.edu>.

Posted by Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>.
michael portmann wrote:

> Hi...
> I am really desperate. Since 3 days I try to automate a SSLRequire
> configuration. The really curious thing is that when I type my configuration
> in an editor (vi), the configuration works fine. If I write the same
> configuration from my java application into the configuration file, apache
> says there is a SSLRequire syntax error. But my configuration looks twice
> the same way!!

It could be something having to do with tabs/spaces or newline/cr+nl (if
dos/windows is involved.)  Do a binary diff between a working and a bad
copy of the conf file and check for these things.

Brian