Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Weaver <sw...@wirelesstelematics.com> on 2001/04/25 00:33:05 UTC

An easy one?...Tomcat & IIS

Hello all,

I'm sure you've seen this question asked before or even answered it.

I have Tomcat running and all the examples in the webapps dir work fine and
I can add my own servlets to webapps and they work and I can create a
directory outside webapps and run a servlet but they all have to be run
using:

http://myserver:8080/mydir/servlet/myservlet

I want to run it here:
http://myserver/mydir/myservlet

What do I have to modify or create to get it to do this?

I understand that Tomcat is running on 8080 and that is how I'm accessing my
servlet but can't I go through port 80 and have IIS redirect to Tomcat?

I've come this far and the solution is probably staring me in the face but
it's Tuesday "and the brain is numb" already.

Thanks for the help in advance,

Scott

Re: An easy one?...Tomcat & IIS

Posted by Barbara Baughman <ba...@utdallas.edu>.
The "servlet/" needs to be there to tell the browser client that this is a
java servlet.  Most browsers discern the filetype from the file extension
(.html, .htm, .jsp, etc.).  Since the file reference to a servlet does not
have a file extension, the addition of "servlet/" is necessary to identify
the file as a servlet filetype to the browser.  Since you have no control
over how your client browsers work, there is nothing you can do to change
this convention.

Barbara Baughman
Systems Analyst
University of Texas at Dallas

RE: An easy one?...Tomcat & IIS

Posted by Rob Shorney <ro...@northgate-is.com>.
Hi,

I had the same trouble, however my app now works all I had to do was to
amend the uriworkermap.properties file.

There is a line in there that says /examples/*=ajp12.

I was having to do //servername:8080/OSS/Index.jsp

I added the following line to the file uriworkermap.properties

/OSS/*=ajp12

Now I can use //servername/OSS/Index.jsp

Regards

Rob Shorney

Rob Shorney : Local Government Software Services
northgate information solutions.

email: rob.shorney@northgate-is.com

The opinions herein are my own and,
unless explicitly stated, do not
represent those of northgate information solutions.

This email has been sent using Microsoft Outlook 2000.