Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Erik Kolodziej <Er...@gmx.de> on 2001/04/26 16:38:47 UTC

Error: Unable to resolve namespace URI

Hi,

on server-side I use the SOAP Toolkit from Microsoft. For the clients I use
Apache-SOAP 2.1.

If an element contains more than one namespace declaration, I get the
following error: "Unable to resolve namespace URI for 'SOAPSDK3'"

Here is an example for such an element:

<Result xmlns:SOAPSDK2="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema"
	xmlns:SOAPSDK3="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
	SOAPSDK3:arrayType="SOAPSDK2:string[3]"
	xmlns:SOAPSDK4="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance"
	SOAPSDK4:type="SOAPSDK3:Array">
  <SOAPSDK3:string>Fritz Kolarzcek</SOAPSDK3:string>
  <SOAPSDK3:string>Johann Meyer</SOAPSDK3:string>
  <SOAPSDK3:string>Irina Moller</SOAPSDK3:string>
</Result>

I debugged my app. The error raises in DOMUtils.getAttributeNS, when the
type (SOAPSDK3:Array) is checked. It seems that the method
getAttributeNodeNS from org.w3c.dom.Element doesn´t return a value.
Does anybody know this problem?