Posted to users@maven.apache.org by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/21 12:29:27 UTC

incorrect dependencies in assembly

I have a reactor build pom (correct terminology?) which specifies a
test-scope dependency on junit:junit at version 3.8.1 and a provided-scope
dependency on asm
(see effective-pom.xml attachment produced with mvn help:effective-pom)

The assembly descriptor for creating my release
(http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/tuscany/java/sdo/sdo.xml?view=markup)<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/tuscany/java/sdo/sdo.xml?view=markup>has
a moduleSet which is used to collect together the artifacts from the
modules along with their dependencies.  I can not for the life of me
understand why my packaged archive that results from the assembly descriptor
includes the junit and asm jars.

Any clues on how to track down why this is happening and/or to block the
included dependency would be most welcome.

--
TIA  Kelvin.

Re: incorrect dependencies in assembly

Posted by Jerome Lacoste <je...@gmail.com>.
On 4/11/07, kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm just coming back to look at this.  I'm interested to know whether my
> question did not make sense or whether no-one has the answer.  Please help
> if you can.

tracking down unwanted dependencies is usualy done using mvn -X.
I believe the assembly plugin to display information there.

Do you use the latest stable assembly plugin ?

Re: incorrect dependencies in assembly

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.
I'm just coming back to look at this.  I'm interested to know whether my
question did not make sense or whether no-one has the answer.  Please help
if you can.

Regards, Kelvin.