Posted to user@roller.apache.org by sharps <sh...@sun.com> on 2006/08/02 17:35:49 UTC

#includePage behavior

I have a couple of blog @ blogs.sun.com and I'm trying to maintain some
consistency across them. I want to #includePage to re-use template fragments
across the blogs however the behaviour has me a bit stumped.

   #includePage ("_langlinks")

works fine, but if I use the full path name (which I need to from the other
blogs) :

   #includePage ("http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/theaquarium/langlinks")

it doesn't work - is there something in this macro that stops me from
include files outside of the blog's own template directory ?

---
Rich Sharples
Sun Microsystems
http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/theaquarium

Sent from the Roller - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: #includePage behavior

Posted by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>.
you can't do that.

the #includePage() macro only includes a template which is part of that
blog, you can't suck in things from external resources.  and for
security reasons, you can't include pages from other people's weblogs.

-- Allen