Posted to user@storm.apache.org by I PVP <ip...@hotmail.com> on 2016/07/12 22:44:59 UTC

How to clean up Storm logs

Hi everyone,

What is the recommended approach to way to clean up Apache Storm logs in general and more specifically the old(killed) topologies logs that are accumulating on $STORM_HOME/logs/workers-artifacts over the time ?

Is it something to be done manually or by a external tool(log rotate)  or is there a configuration on storm.yaml to do it periodically ?

Is there any blogpost ,or similar, covering best practices on  it ?
Google pointed to this good one , https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/550/unofficial-storm-and-kafka-best-practices-guide.html, but it does not cover log.

Running Storm 1.0.1 on centos 7.

Thanks

IPVP

Re: How to clean up Storm logs

Posted by Abhishek Agarwal <ab...@gmail.com>.
You guys can also consider using log cleanup functionality availability in
the logviewer.
http://storm.apache.org/releases/1.0.1/SECURITY.html (search for cleanup on
page)

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 9:57 PM, anshu shukla <an...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes, we can do that .. actually,  I used to do the same .You can even
> delete the whole logs directory .
>
> On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 9:32 PM, I PVP <ip...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Can I just setup a script to archive and delete the directories/files on
>> $STORM_HOME/logs/workers-artifacts that have the last modified date in the
>> past ( x days ago)?  Or would that break something  ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> IPVP
>>

>> From: IPVP <ip...@hotmail.com> <ip...@hotmail.com>
>> Date: July 12, 2016 at 7:45:00 PM
>> To: user@storm.apache.org <us...@storm.apache.org>>
>> <us...@storm.apache.org>
>> Subject:  How to clean up Storm logs
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> What is the recommended approach to way to clean up Apache Storm logs in
>> general and more specifically the old(killed) topologies logs that are
>> accumulating on $STORM_HOME/logs/workers-artifacts over the time ?
>>
>> Is it something to be done manually or by a external tool(log rotate)  or
>> is there a configuration on storm.yaml to do it periodically ?
>>
>> Is there any blogpost ,or similar, covering best practices on  it ?
>> Google pointed to this good one ,
>> https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/550/unofficial-storm-and-kafka-best-practices-guide.html,
>> but it does not cover log.
>>
>> Running Storm 1.0.1 on centos 7.