Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Ravi Puri <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/14 13:20:43 UTC

do you support json based cache?

I want to know do you support json based data to be cached and implemnented?

Re: do you support json based cache?

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
How will it complicate it? Ignite's binary format can be easily used for
storing JSON object, there is nothing in JSON that is not supported by this
format. So the flow will be something like this:

1. User wants to store JSON object in the cache.
2. You code parses JSON and uses BinaryObjectBuilder [1] to create a
BinaryObject based on JSON data.
3. IgniteCache.put() is called for the BinaryObject.

On get() you do inverse conversion.

You also get full SQL support and can use EntryProcessor [2] to update
individual fields.

Will this work? I understand that having native JSON support is more
convenient, but it's not in the product yet. And essentially when it's
implemented, it will do something similar to what I just described.

[1]
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/binary-marshaller#modifying-binary-objects-using-binaryobjectbuilder
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/jcache#entryprocessor

-Val

Re: do you support json based cache?

Posted by Ravi Puri <ra...@gmail.com>.
nopes. It will complicate my json.

Re: do you support json based cache?

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Can you store in binary format and convert to JSON and back when needed? Is
there any particular reason to *store* the data in JSON format?

-Val

Re: do you support json based cache?

Posted by Ravi kumar Puri <ra...@gmail.com>.
I want to cache the json formated object data of a class  into ignite cache
as json parameter and able to retrieve individual attributes from json
cached data.

Same i need to update the cache as new data wil come into my json data

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ravi,

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com>.
Hi, Ravi!

Not yet, but we have an issue for that
You can track it JIRA.

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 6:20 PM, Ravi Puri <ra...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I want to know do you support json based data to be cached and
> implemnented?

Alexey Kuznetsov
GridGain Systems
www.gridgain.com