Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Amir Aavani <Am...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/15 07:20:55 UTC

[users@httpd] cgi permission

I recently installed FC5 on my laptop, Before that I had FC4 with latest
version of httpd. On FC4, i developed a cgi application (using fpc)
which read/write from/to some files. The files where on my desktop, i.e
/home/Amir/Desktop/1 . Also, I set the User and Group parameters in
httpd.conf to "Amir". The file worked correctly on FC4. But now my file
can't read/write from that file (any file, I changed the place of the file).
I checked if my configuration was correct, I asked my cgi application to
print the effective user ID by whom it is run.
Any suggestion

My httpd version is httpd-2.2.0-5.1.2
yours
Amir

Re: [users@httpd] cgi permission

Posted by Bill Jones <te...@gmail.com>.
On 5/16/06, Amir Aavani <Am...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Bill,
> When I disabled the selinux (or even set it to permissive mode),  the
> problem solved.

:-) Great but disabling SELinux is not a problem resolution path.  Se
below for a better solution.

> > try as root;
> > setenforce 0
> >
> > to see if selinux is interfering.  if it now works, selinux is stoppng
> > your cgi -- then you will ned to modify the policy enforcement under
> > httpd->allow cgi write access (all this is located under the GUI
> > security panel.)

Note 'as root' means execute 'su -' to become root, note the '-'.

As root execute 'system-config-securitylevel'
next set each particular security as needed, pay special attention to
Allow CGI Write Access, etc.

References (note that some cover FC3, et al, but the procedures are
still relevant:
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-apache-fc3/sn-debugging-and-customizing.html
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-apache-fc3/sn-further-approaches.html
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=selinux+allow+cgi+write+access+policy&btnG=Google+Search
--
WC (Bill) Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/

Re: [users@httpd] cgi permission

Posted by Amir Aavani <Am...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Bill,

Posted by Bill Jones <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Richard de Vries <ri...@yahoo.com>.
Check your selinux settings. From within your desktop
"System - Administration - Security Level and
Firewall"