Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by rick_tem <rv...@temenos.com> on 2017/05/11 12:42:27 UTC

PutIfAbsent issues

Hi,

I am using Ignite 2.0 and wondering if there are any known putIfAbsent(key,
value) issues where on occassion the value on a subsequent get(key) on
another thread will come back null when a value was actually put in the
cache.  If not, I'll try to reproduce it.  My cache setup is as follows.

				<bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.CacheConfiguration">
					<property name="name" value="MyCache" />
					<property name="cacheMode" value="REPLICATED" />
					<property name="atomicityMode" value="TRANSACTIONAL" />
					<property name="backups" value="1" />
					<property name="writeSynchronizationMode" value="FULL_SYNC" />
					<property name="statisticsEnabled" value="true" />
				</bean>

I have 2 servers and 1 client up.

Best,
Rick

Re: PutIfAbsent issues

Posted by rick_tem <rv...@temenos.com>.
Hi Andrey,

Yes, I figured out what this issue was and it was not Ignite related.

Thanks for your reply.

Best,
Rick

Re: PutIfAbsent issues

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rick,

This should be impossible. Please, fill the ticket if you will have a
success to reproduce it.

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 3:42 PM, rick_tem <rv...@temenos.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Ignite 2.0 and wondering if there are any known putIfAbsent(key,
> value) issues where on occassion the value on a subsequent get(key) on
> another thread will come back null when a value was actually put in the
> cache.  If not, I'll try to reproduce it.  My cache setup is as follows.
>
>                                 <bean class="org.apache.ignite.
> configuration.CacheConfiguration">
>                                         <property name="name"
> value="MyCache" />
>                                         <property name="cacheMode"
> value="REPLICATED" />
>                                         <property name="atomicityMode"
> value="TRANSACTIONAL" />
>                                         <property name="backups" value="1"
> />
>                                         <property name="writeSynchronizationMode"
> value="FULL_SYNC" />
>                                         <property name="statisticsEnabled"
> value="true" />
>                                 </bean>