Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Kiewel, Brad" <Br...@fiserv.com> on 2002/01/24 23:22:59 UTC

Start and Stop Notification to Controllers

Can controllers receive notification when a run is started or stopped?

I'm creating a generative controller which will "call" a user entered java class.  That is, I have a controller where the user enters a fully qualified class name.  The sampler then creates the object using the default constructor.  The object's default constructor does whatever processing is required.

This isn't real efficient yet.  I want to actually create the user object when the test starts and destroy the object when the test stops (or maybe use the Clear and Clear All menu items?)  Then the sampler would use the same object for the entire test run.  The user object would implement an interface like:

SampleResult process(Entry e);

The purpose: I can create "test scripts" which call our code to create the "test sample" using a proprietary protocol.  I can use all of JMeter's thread management to handle the load part.

Thanks for any help!

Brad Kiewel
Fiserv Advanced Insurance Solutions
4200 University, Suite 400