Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by roz dev <ro...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/11 06:28:36 UTC

need for a new core just for Autocomplete

I am reading this
http://www.cominvent.com/2012/01/25/super-flexible-autocomplete-with-solr/and
it seems to suggest that using a separate
solr core may be a good idea.

I am not sure about the reasons for having a new core, just for autocomplete

Can't I index these additional fields in the same core that is used for
keyword search?

Any thoughts are welcome

Thanks
Saroj

Re: need for a new core just for Autocomplete

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
It's nicer, cleaner to keep it separate.  AC tends to have different
fields, different analysis, etc.

Otis