Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Adam Lipscombe <ad...@expensys.com> on 2004/07/01 08:08:24 UTC

RE: NEWBIE: Wierd problem - Action sometimes produces Status 500 - No Context configured to process this request. SOLVED

Folks,

Eureka! I finally tracked it down to a logic error in my app:
I had extended the Struts RequestProcessor to provide a custom
processRoles() method. This checks that users are logged in before they can
access an action, and also performs role base permission checking.

processRoles() was checking that a user was logged in before allowing access
to the "help.do" action. Of course users were not logged in when accessing
help.do from the login page! Adding a global access to the help.do action
solved it.

Duh! You live and learn....

Thanks all for your much-appreciated contributions on this.

Adam