Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Arun Sandu <ar...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/02 22:37:56 UTC

Keyspaces missing after restarting cassandra service

Hello,

After restarting the cassandra, all of my keyspaces got missing. I can only
see system_traces, system, dse_system. I didn't make any changes to
cassandra.yaml.

But, I can see all the keyspaces data in my */data/ *directory. Is there
anyway to access those lost keyspaces through cqlsh?

Can someone help me with a solution?

--
Thanks&Regards
Arun

Re: Keyspaces missing after restarting cassandra service

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.
On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 1:37 PM, Arun Sandu <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> After restarting the cassandra, all of my keyspaces got missing. I can
> only see system_traces, system, dse_system. I didn't make any changes to
> cassandra.yaml.
>
> But, I can see all the keyspaces data in my */data/ *directory. Is there
> anyway to access those lost keyspaces through cqlsh?
>
> Can someone help me with a solution?

This sort of problem is best debugged interactively, for example in
#cassandra on freenode IRC.

But... start by :

1) checking permissions for relevant directories
2) looking in system.log to see if Cassandra tried and failed to find your
CFs

=Rob