Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Waluk <mw...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/12 23:34:22 UTC

Using in profiles.xml ?

Hi,

I am not able to use the <reporting> tag within my profiles.xml for some
reason.  I am using the

maven-v4_0_0.xsd as a guide, as well as advice from the Mergere book.  But I
get this error:
Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.XmlPullParserException:
Unrecognised tag: 'reporting' (position: START_TAG seen ...<i
d>devsite</id>\r\n\t\t\t<reporting>... @34:15)
        at org.apache.maven.profiles.io.xpp3.ProfilesXpp3Reader.parseProfile
(ProfilesXpp3Reader.java:620)

I'm just trying to create some profiles that have different report plugins
in them (our nightly build gets the full set).

Here is the offending section from my profiles.xml...

<profiles>

<!-- Profile which creates a minimal Maven site for auto-builds. -->

<profile>

    <id>devsite</id>

    <reporting>

        <plugins>

            <plugin>

            <artifactId>maven-project-info-reports-plugin</artifactId>

            <reportSets>

                <reportSet>

                    <reports>

                        <report>dependencies</report>

                            <report>dependency-convergence</report>
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Michael

Re: Using in profiles.xml ?

Posted by Michael Waluk <mw...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, found the answer at
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html

Profiles in external files are restricted as follows:

[specified in external files (i.e in settings.xml or profiles.xml) are not
portable in the strictest sense that anything that seems to stand a high
chance of changing the result of the build is restricted to the inline
profiles in the POM. Things like repository lists could simply be a
proprietary repository of approved artifacts, and won't change the outcome
of the build. Therefore, you will only be able to modify the *repositories*and
*pluginRepositories* sections of the POM, plus an extra *properties*section. ]

Thanks,
- Michael