Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Weide Zhang <we...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/04 00:11:51 UTC

topics load balancing within a consumer group

Hi,

I have a question regarding load balancing within a consumer group.

Say I have a consumer group of 4 consumers which subscribe to 4 topics ,
each of which have one partition. Will there be rebalancing happening on
topic level ? Or I will expect consumer 1 have all the data ?

Weide

Re: topics load balancing within a consumer group

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Currently, we distribute partitions to consumers on a per topic basis. So,
in your cases, consumer 1 will get all the data.

Thanks,

Jun