Posted to user@struts.apache.org by josef richberg <sq...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/26 22:09:09 UTC

Returning the selected value from an

Just wanted to say..this worked.

thanks jim.

(It didn't work the first time because I had a DB
error)..

----

Here's how I would do it.  Change the name of the
existing method that
returns a collection and add a method to get the
vname:

public Collection getVnameList(){
  return new DBAccess().getVendorNames();
}
public void setVname(String value){
  xxxxxx
}
public String getVname(){
  xxxxxx
}

Then change your <bean:define> property to
"vnameList".  That should
do the trick.

-- Jim

josef richberg <sq...@yahoo.com> writes:

> That I understand.  What I don't understand is how
> do that.  How can I reference the value chosen in
the

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>