Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Jochen Zink <jo...@web.de> on 2007/11/30 12:39:11 UTC

How to monitor the used database connections?

Hello,

just a simple question. Is it possible to monitor a database pool? I will see how many connections to the database are opened, and currently used by an application. Is it possible to get these information’s with geronimo 2.0.1?

Thanks a lot
Regards
Jochen

Jetzt neu! Schützen Sie Ihren PC mit McAfee und WEB.DE. 3 Monate

Re: How to monitor the used database connections?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
I thought this info was visible on a database or connector specific
portlet, but apparently my memory is faulty :-)

You can find it on the JMX viewer page under Geronimo
MBeans>JCAConnectionManager.  ConnectionCount is the number of
(managed) connections for the pool and idleConnectionCount is the
number actually in the pool right now.  Active connections would be
the difference.

You can edit the pool size in the database portlet.

hope this helps
david jencks

Posted by Viet Nguyen <vh...@gmail.com>.
We are currently developing a monitoring and management plugin which
will be able to monitor your instance of Geronimo. However, I do not
think DB Pool Connection statistics have been surfaced yet...

-Viet

Re: How to monitor the used database connections?

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@jnwd.net>.
Hello Jochen,

I do not believe that there is a way to monitor used connections in a
database pool within Geronimo.

I use MySQL which has an admin client that allows me to monitor my
databases.  I would imagine that whatever database you are using would
have something similar.

But that would make a nice enhancement - Would you like to create a
'wish list' JIRA for it?

Here is a link to the issue tracking system for Geronimo:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO

Or, if you don't want to, let me know and I'll create one.

Thanks,

Jay