Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com> on 2012/06/18 15:58:57 UTC

Using a different cookie name than JSESSIONID

I'm using Shiro 1.1 running in Apache Karaf 2.2.5.

Often I install more than one web application on the same server (but using
different ports). These applications are unrelated. However if I open them
in separate tabs in the web browser they start interfering with each other.
Imagine this scenario:

- Web application A and B are both installed on the same server.
- Open the URL to application A in the first tab in the web browser and
then log in
- Open the URL to application B in the second tab in the web browser and
then log in
have to log in again since the server does not recognize the session id.

I haven't debugged this thoroughly but I think the problem is that the same
cookie name (JSESSIONID) is used by both web applications. Therefore, the
second log in (to application B) will overwrite the session id from the
first log in.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here - this seems like a very
common scenario (especially in a test environment). The obvious solution
would be to make the name of the session cookie configurable so that
application A could use a cookie called "JSESSIONID_A" and application B
could use a cookie called "JSESSIONID_B". Is this possible with Shiro? Is
there another/better way to solve this problem?

/Bengt

Re: Using a different cookie name than JSESSIONID

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
Works perfectly - thanks a lot!

/Bengt

Posted by Jared Bunting <ja...@peachjean.com>.

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
I've been browsing through the Shiro 1.1 source code and I see this:

*public DefaultWebSessionManager() {*
*        Cookie cookie = new
SimpleCookie(ShiroHttpSession.DEFAULT_SESSION_ID_NAME);*
*        cookie.setHttpOnly(true); //more secure, protects against XSS
attacks*
*        this.sessionIdCookie = cookie;*
*        this.sessionIdCookieEnabled = true;*
*    }*

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
Hello again Jared,

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.