Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Joern Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/22 08:30:11 UTC

Re: no roadmap?

Hello,

we are working for some time now on rebuilding the most important
components using TensorFlow,
these usually perform quite a bit better than what we have already,
but they are also harder to use.

All this code is currently in the sandbox, and I think we should start
to move it over to the main project and release it somehow, maybe
first as experimental.
It would be nice if more people start to use it.

What we build so far is:
- Name Finder
- Normalizer, this is a lexical normalizer, we can probably ship it
with models to normalize dates
- Namecat, this is a component which can categorize a name, e.g. into
gender (for that we should also be able to ship models)

Right now we are still missing doccat and a new POS Tagger.

Jörn