Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Teh Noranis Mohd Aris <te...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/19 12:29:43 UTC

Why applets cannot link to next page in a servlet?

Dear All,

I put my applet and servlet in a directory (using
package statement in the java file) which I defined.
When I called the servlet in a web browser, the first
page of the applet was displayed. But when I login a
valid user name and password, the applet cannot link
to the next page which is defined in a servlet.

Then, without defining the applet and servlet using
package, I tried to put the applet in:
C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31\webapps\ROOT\ and the servlet
in:
C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31\webapps\examples\WEB-INF\classes
and it works fine!

Can anyone please tell me why the applet CANNOT link
to the next page if I'm using package but it CAN link
to the next page without using package? How can I fix
this problem because I really want to organize my
files using package. Please help me! Thank you.

Yours Sincerely,
TEH NORANIS