Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Charlie Hubbard <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/12 07:32:31 UTC

There is no such thing as batik-extensions.jar:1.7!

So I'm trying to add batik dependencies in maven.  Here are my dependencies:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>xml-apis</groupId>
            <artifactId>xml-apis</artifactId>
            <version>1.3.04</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.xmlgraphics</groupId>
        <artifactId>batik-rasterizer</artifactId>
        <version>1.7</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.xmlgraphics</groupId>
            <artifactId>batik-rasterizer-ext</artifactId>
            <version>1.7</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.xmlgraphics</groupId>
            <artifactId>batik-codec</artifactId>
            <version>1.7</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.xmlgraphics</groupId>
            <artifactId>batik-css</artifactId>
            <version>1.7</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>

However, I continue to receive the following error:

*Could not find artifact org.apache.xmlgraphics:batik-extensions:jar:1.7 in
sonatype-nexus-snapshots (http://repository.sonatype.org) -> [Help 1]*

And in fact there is no maven package *batik-extensions* for version 1.7.
 However, there *IS* a *batik-extension* for version 1.7 (notice no ending
's').  The problem is the *batik-rasterizer-ext* depends on *
batik-extensions*.  I have worked around the problem by doing the following:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.xmlgraphics</groupId>
            <artifactId>batik-rasterizer-ext</artifactId>
            <version>1.7</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
            <exclusions>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>org.apache.xmlgraphics</groupId>
                    <artifactId>batik-extensions</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
            </exclusions>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.xmlgraphics</groupId>
            <artifactId>batik-extension</artifactId>
            <version>1.7</version>
            <type>jar</type>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>

I can't any information regarding maven and batik, and I can't find any
information about this problem.  The bug databases pointed to on the batik
project page are pointing to bugzilla, which says it's been moved to jira.
 Then searching in jira there is very little information there (
http://issues.apache.org/jira).  Seems like this is a bug that needs to be
fixed.

Charlie