Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/03 19:01:59 UTC

Re: Tika Based Metadata Extraction

Hi Tom,

On Friday, April 3, 2015, Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi> wrote:

> Hello Chaps and Chapesses,
>
> Somehow I've come this far and not done it but I was playing around with
> the crawler for my ApacheCon demo and came across the
> TikaCmdLineMetExtractor that Rishi I believe wrote a while ago.
> So I've put some stuff in a folder and can crawl and ingest it using the
> GenericFile element map, now in the past to map metadata I've written some
> class to pump the data around and add to that file,

To what file ?

> but I was wondering if, as I know what fields are coming out of Tika to
> just put them into the XML mapping file somehow so I can by pass having to
> write Java code?

Well Tika will make best effort to pull out as much metadata as possible.
Chris explains a good bit about this here

 https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/OODT+Crawler+Help

I think that if custom extractions are required... You could most likely
extend the extractor interface and implement it but... This is Java code
which I assume you are trying to work around?

--
*Lewis*

Re: Tika Based Metadata Extraction

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi>.
Indeed, fair enough chief i'll investigate your pointers.

Thanks

Tom

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@analytical-labs.com>.

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi>.
Sorry the product element mapping file in my filemgr policy, by default you
have the genericfike policy. So if i run tika app over  a jpeg file for
example i can see all the exif data etc in fields. Can i just map that to a